1. HOURLY RATE WORK. The total charge to the Customer shall consist of the cost of materials supplied by Quantum Electrical Services Ltd (not exceeding the trade purchase price of materials + 20%) & the amount of time spent by the engineer in carrying out the work (this includes all reasonable time spent in obtaining unstocked materials) charged in accordance with our hourly rates. The Customer shall only be charged for the time spent related to the Customer’s work, all other time, personal mobile calls etc. is non-chargeable. All charges are subject to VAT.
(i) Unless by prior instruction from the Customer there is no cap to the number of hours Quantum has to reasonably spend in executing any hourly work. Unless informed otherwise Quantum will endeavour to proceed with any work originally instructed by the Customer. (ii)The Customer shall be updated should the works appear to be protracted in nature and can cancell any further works with immediate effect. (iii) the fiscal responsibility of the Customer will not exceed any cost incurred by the engagment of Quantum in carrying out its work up to that point including any sunk costs.
2. FIXED PRICE WORK shall be given as a total cost, (manifest errors exempted) including Labour & Materials. The cost is strictly reflective of the scope of works detailed in writing in the estimate. Works carried out not defined in the scope are charged as additional work. Additional works are only carried out when the Customer instructs the engineer or company in writing or verbally.
3. Where a written estimate has been supplied to the Customer the total charge to the Customer referred to in the estimate should not exceed the actual time taken by more than 20% but may be revised in the following circumstances:—
(i) if after submission of the estimate the Customer instructs the Company (whether orally or in writing) to carry out additional works not referred to in the estimate.
(ii) if after submission of the estimate there is an increase in the price of materials.
(iii) if after submission of the estimate it is discovered that further works need to be carried out which were not anticipated when the estimate was prepared . (iv) if after submission of the estimate it is discovered that there was a manifest error when the estimate was prepared.
4. PAYMENT TERMS: All invoices are payable upon receipt. Unless manifestly stated in writing otherwise all Invoices are due immediately upon satisfactory completion of our visit. If further work is required then its cost shall be charged under a separate invoice respectively. Quantum Electrical does not advance credit unless special terms have been agreed in writing prior to works starting. Invoices unpaid are liable to carry a charge of 4% interest above base rate for all days overdue. A late payment fee of £25 is added to all late payments.
5. Cancellations by the customer will incur the total loss of any deposit paid. In the case of a booking being cancelled by the Customer with no more than 24 hours notice given then 1 hour charge is applied by Quantum Electrical Services Ltd to the Customer. This cost is non refundable.
6.Materials Collection. Collection of non-stock items is chargeable but:
(a) Time must be kept to a minimum & reasonable.
(b) If the collection time is likely to exceed 45 minutes the customer must be additionally informed of the circumstances.
(c) Only one engineer is allowed to leave the job to collect parts.
7. The guarantee provided by Quantum Electrical Services Ltd is for work done by Quantum Electrical only. The guarantee will be rendered void if any person except a recognised representative of Quantum interferes with the work carried out by us after we have finished. The guarantee does not cover consumable parts such as fuses and lighting lamps. In claiming the guarantee Quantum will endeavour to respond as soon as possible but current working commitments will dictate Quantum Electrical’s response time.
8. Quantum Electrical Services Ltd shall not be liable for any delay or for the consequences of any delay in performing any of its obligations if such delay is due to any cause whatsoever beyond its reasonable control, and Quantum Electrical shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of the time for performing such obligations.